Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Whole New World

My name is Amie.

I am 18 years, 6 months old.

I have made the monstrous 19 hour trek from Australia to England.

I have gone from this :

 To this :

And I couldn't be happier.



Of course, I'll miss my Australian friends and family like no one's business,


(L-R) Ellie, Nikki, Me, Jessie, Kayla, Malcolm

(L-R) Tessa, Dad, Me, Mum

But everyone's gotta leave home one day, right?

So this blog will be following me and my adventures as I not only start living away from home, but do so in a totally different county.

So, let's start of with introductions, yes?

As I said, I'm Amie. This is my face.

I enjoy spending copious amounts of time on the internet, watching TV shows such as Doctor Who, BBC's Sherlock, Criminal Minds, Bones, Castle and I will eventually watch Supernatural.

I like watching films such as any DC or Marvel super hero film, Harry Potter, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Kinky Boots and Pracilla Queen of the Desert.

 I enjoy (when I can afford to) going to the theater, so far I've seen Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Mamma Mia and The Lion King.

I read (when I get the chance) authors like Douglas Adams, Neil Gaimen, JK Rowling and more recently Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I watch comedians on youtube like it's my job, especially Adam Hills, Michael Mcintyre, Tim Minchin and waaaay to many more to list.

I like to think I'm a semi decent gamer (though I'm really not. Don't even bother asking me to play FPS, just no) I mostly play Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham series.

Uhhh... Is there much else to tell you right now? Probably, but I can't think of anything.

                                                                            * * * 

So, I've been in England for just over a week and a half now. Not much has happened; I've set up a bank account, been food shopping, tried for days upon days to buy a phone with no success (you've gotta have a bank account and it didn't activate till today and I still don't have a pin number and its all been ridiculously frustrating), visited my great grandmother a few times, wandered around my new area and gotten lost on most occasions, made plans, canceled plans and cooked a lot of ready made meals.

And that's been about it so far. Obviously, when I get my phone (with maps! so I don't get lost!), start my new job at Gulliver's world (an under 12's adventure park) and make some English friends, thing's will be a little more interesting. But for now, I'm just gonna sit in my grandmother's house cruzing through the internet for hours on end.

Till next time! 


-Amie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment